– International conference “Governance ambientale e città sostenibili” (Environmental Governance and Sustainable Cities), ICEF – City of Rome, Rome, 20-21 April 2018.
– International conference “La Governance globale dell’ambiente” (Global Environmental Governance), ICEF – SIOI, Rome, 15 May 2017.
– National Workshop “Clima, biodiversità e territorio italiano” (Climate, biodiversity and Italian Territory), ISPRA, Montecassino, 23 April 2016.
– International conference on Global Environmental Governance. The need for an International Environmental Agency and an International Court of the Environment, Rome, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, 20-21 May 2010.
– National Seminar on “Economia e ambiente. Profili economici, giuridici e sociali dello sviluppo sostenibile in Italia” (Economy and the Environment. The Economical, Juridical and Social Issues of Sustainable Development in Italy), held in Verona, Italy, on 16 May 2008.
– The international conference on The Protection and Sustainable Development of the Mediterranean-Black Sea Ecosystem, held in Venice, from 24 to 26 May 2007, under the patronage of UNESCO and the European Commission and with the scientific co-operation of UNEP/MAP and the Commission for the Protection of the Black Sea Against Pollution.
Representatives from the countries involved in the protection and sustainable development of the Mediterranean and Black Sea were invited and presented national reports on the actual application, in their countries, of the regulations regarding the protection and sustainable development of these ecosystems.
– Quinta Giornata Ambiente ICEF: “L’effettività del diritto all’ambiente in Italia” (5th ICEF Environmental Day on the Effectiveness of the Right to Environment in Italy), held at the University of Pavia, Italy, on 9 November 2006.
– The international workshop on The Prevention and Remedying of Environmental Damage (in the light of Directive 35/2004/EC), held in Ostia Antica (Rome), on 26-28 May 2005, in association with the EU Forum of Judges for the Environment and the European Commission. Judges, experts, representatives of the Ministries of the Environment from the Member States of the European Union and observers from the non-EU countries participated in the open debate, compared and exchanged experiences in order to assess the state of implementation of national legislations on the prevention and remedying of environmental damage with particular reference to Directive 2004/35/EC on the issue.
– The Symposium Johanneshurg Summit Next Steps: The Role of the Judiciary in the Implementation and Enforcement of Environmental Law, held in Rome, on 9 and 10 May 2003, supported by the Italian Council of the Judiciary, UNEP, IUCN, OECD, the Council of Europe, the European Commission, the Italian Government, the Italian Constitutional Court, the Italian Supreme Court of Cassation, the Italian Council of State, the European Environmental Law Association, the Italian Environmental Law Association, the International Court of Environmental Arbitration and Conciliation, the Equipe Cousteau, the Centre International de Droit Comparé de l’Environnement, Biopolitics International Organisation and many others organisations.
– The Judges’ Planning Meeting for the Implementation of the Johannesburg Principles, held in Nairobi, Kenya, on 30 and 31 January 2003, on the initiative of UNEP.
– The Symposium on Environmental Law for European Judges, held in London, on 10 and 11 October 2002, upon the initiative of the European Environmental Law Association and IUCN.
– Official participation as a fully accredited NGO at the WSSD Conference, Johannesburg, South Africa in late August-early September 2002. Increasing the value of the role of case law in the enforcement of environmental law comes within the strategy of UNEP’s Global Judges Programme. ICEF believes this deserves full support and has, therefore, adopted this as one of its major objectives. This strategy was inaugurated in Johannesburg, South Africa on 18-20 August 2002, with the Global Judges Symposium organised by UNEP with the participation of 120 Supreme Courts. ICEF’ Director, Justice Amedeo Postiglione participated in the event.
– Quarta Giornata Ambiente ICEF: “Il principio d’integrazione dei sistemi giuridici nazionali, comunitario ed internazionale nella prospettiva del governo mondiale dell’ambiente” (4th ICEF Environmental Day on World Environmetal Governance), held in Rome, at the Supreme Court of Cassation, on 16 November 2001.
-Terza Giornata Ambiente ICEF: “Giurisdizione e controllo per l’effettività del diritto umano all’ambiente” (3rd ICEF Environmental Day on the effectiveness of the human right to environment), held in Rome, at the Supreme Court of Cassation, in 2000.
– Seconda Giornata Ambiente ICEF: “Prevenzione, controllo, attuazione delle norme, informazione, formazione, partecipazione e accesso” (2nd ICEF Environmental Day on prevention and monitoring), held in Rome, at the Supreme Court of Cassation, on 6 October 1999.
– Co-sponsored by the George Washington University, the 3rd Annual J.B. and Maurice Shapiro Environmental Law Conference on Is There a Need for a Body to Resolve International Environmental Disputes?, held in Washington, USA, from 15 to 17 April 1999, supported by EPA (USA).
– Prima Giornata Ambiente ICEF: “Danno ambientale: strumenti giuridici e operativi” (1st ICEF Environmental Day on Environmental Damage), held in Rome, at the Supreme Court of Cassation, on 11 December 1998.
– International Conference on the Implementation of the Right to Environmental Information in Europe, held in Chania, Crete from 10 to 12 September 1998, supported by the Institut Agronomique Mediterranien de Ban, the Institut Agronomique Mediterranien de Chania, the Italian Supreme Court of Cassation, the Council of Europe, the European Commission, IUCN.
– International Conference on Environment and Culture. The Common Heritage of Humankind, from 5 to 10 June 1997, in Paestum, Italy, supported by the Municipality of Paestum, the Province of Salerno, Campania Region, the Italian National Research Council, the Cilento National Park, in collaboration with the Italian Government, the Council of Europe, the European Commission, UNESCO and IUCN.
– International Conference on Towards the World Government of the Environment, held at the Cini Foundation, Venice, from 2 to 5 June 1994, supported by the Municipality of Venice, the Province of Venice, the Veneto Region, the Italian National Research Council and in collaboration with the Italian Government, the Council of Europe, the European Commission, UNESCO and IUCN.
– Official participation as a fully accredited NGO at the UNCED Conference The Earth Summit in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, from 1 to 12 June 1992.
– International Conference on A Proposal for an International Court of the Environment within the United Nations, organised by ICEF, the Italian Supreme Court and the Municipality of Florence, from 10 to 12 May 1991.
– Official opening of the Campaign for the Creation of an International Court of the Environment, in Rome, Italy, on 12 October 1990.
– International Conference For Promoting More Effective International Law on the Environment and an International Court on the Environment within the United Nations, held at the Accademia dei Lincei in Rome, Italy, from 21 to 24 April 1989, with the scientific support of the Centre for Electronic Documentation of the Italian Supreme Court.